Home to some of Africa’s finest walking and canoeing safaris alongside the Zambezi river in the Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe is also renowned for having some of the best guides in Africa. A Zimbabwe holiday now provides excellent value and has acquired relatively increased stability, due to the dollarization of the economy. We are delighted to say that we believe the jewel of Africa is well and truly back on the map.
OUR TOP EXPERIENCES
Zimbabwe Holidays: 5 Top reasons to go
1. Zimbabwe’s geography – its diverse landscapes and habitats mean that a varied and exciting itinerary can be arranged without too many long journeys, and its location allows easy access to other African countries.
2. Zimbabwe has unquestionably suffered horrifically in recent years. However there is a silver lining: Zimbabwe now offers an untouched wilderness with not a tourist in sight (apart from the ones you brought with you). Now that the country is stable once more, we can’t recommend it enough for an exclusive wild adventure.
3. Hwange’s elephant and lion sightings! A much wilder experience than viewing these majestic beasts in Tanzania’s Serengeti or Botswana’s Chobe…
4. Whether or not you are a keen fisherman - fishing for tiger fish in Lake Kariba. Over 140 miles long and 20 miles wide, the lake itself lends itself to wonderful game viewing by canoe and is superb for big game fish.
5. Victoria Falls. Accessible as easily from the Zimbabwe as the Zambia side, the Falls are a formidable sight and this is a great spot for a host of adrenaline (and non-adrenaline) activities including bungee-jumping.