African Safari & Beach planning with Africa Odyssey
Africa is an incredible continent, with majestic landscapes, phenomenal wildlife, spectacular coastlines and warm and welcoming people. We create the finest safari holidays and African safari honeymoons. Whatever your budget and preferred style of travel, and whether you're seeking a well-renowned safari circuit, a simple island beach break, a pan-African helicopter adventure or a private safari to the heart of the Serengeti's Great Migration - your personal itinerary will be entirely tailor-made to suit you perfectly.
We absolutely love Africa and nothing makes us happier than sharing our enthusiasm with our clients! We create perfect itineraries to introduce clients to some of the best of this glorious continent, so they can fall in love with it all for themselves...
Our dedicated team has gained a phenomenal combined knowledge over many decades of arranging safaris for the most demanding of clients, and we can guarantee the very best and most up-to-date safari advice. Our credentials could not be better: our M.D. Marc is a judge of The Good Safari Guide and a retired director of the African Travel and Tourism Association. All of our team have worked, lived or travelled extensively in their specialist African countries, and travel to Africa each year to ensure that they are fully up-to-date with all latest developments. And we recently won the Best Safari, Wildlife and Nature Holiday Company award at the British Travel Awards.
We love to sit and talk Africa over a cup of coffee, so if in the area please do drop in - we're at 5 The Mews, 6 Putney Common, London, SW15 1HL.
Alternatively please call us on UK +44 (0) 20 8704 1216 or US +1 866 356 4691, or email us at [email protected].
1. Wonderful wildlife and game viewing - not only the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo) but plenty of other predators and big mammals, plus exceptional birdlife! You could even witness the Great Migration in Tanzania's Serengeti National Park.
2. A remarkable variety of breathtaking landscapes and scenery - including the famous dunes of Sossusvlei, the beautiful intact volcanic caldera of the Ngorongoro Crater, beautiful white sand beaches on Zanzibar, and the authentic and truly wild wilderness of Katavi.
3. Whatever your preferred style of accommodation, whether it's bucket showers and sleeping out under the stars, or full-on luxury with white linen tablecloths and fine wine even in the depths of the bush, or what we call casual beach-shack chic, Africa has exactly what you are seeking.
4. Adventure seekers will not be disappointed - whether it's hot air ballooning over the Serengeti, diving the reefs around Zanzibar, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, walking and boating safaris, shark cage diving in Cape Town, bungee jumping at Victoria Falls or sleeping out under the stars, Africa offers plenty of experiences to keep the adrenaline flowing.
5. No other continent can offer quite the same blend of wildlife, wilderness, culture (ranging from the vibrant modern city of Cape Town to interactions with the Maasai and other indigenous tribes), adventure and gorgeous Indian Ocean beaches. We can combine any or all of these elements for you exactly as you wish.
It is no wonder that Africa is such a popular honeymoon destination. The combination of majestic wilderness landscapes, breathtaking wildlife including plenty of predators and big mammals, and gorgeous coastlines is a winning formula. We can help you combine the best of all the elements to craft your perfect honeymoon itinerary.
Family Safari Holidays
Children love going on safari. What's not to enjoy about watching lionesses and cubs lazing in the evening sun, or hyenas and vultures squabble over a carcass, or seeing the enormity of an elephant up close? Not to mention hearing about all different types of poo... There is a lot to consider when taking the kids on safari, let us share our experience and expertise with you to make your family safari holiday as good as it could possibly be.
Africa Safari Holidays
If you are considering an African Safari, you are in the right place. With a plethora of countries and safari parks, and a huge variety of wildlife, activities, accommodation options and safari experiences on offer, the options are almost endless. There will be an option that is perfect for you, and we can help you narrow down the options to create your perfect itinerary.
Where to go in Africa
The ideal country for your African adventure will depend on various factors, which we can discuss with you. The first consideration is, broadly, whether to go to East Africa (including Tanzania and Kenya) or Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Both East and Southern Africa have a range of excellent safari options and plenty of world-renowned safari parks, with East Africa in general terms being a more economical option than the South. East Africa also offers easier access to the beaches and islands (including Zanzibar) of the Indian Ocean coastline, while Southern Africa combines well with extensions to Cape Town and/or Victoria Falls.
When to go to Africa
Africa is huge and it is impossible to make blanket statements about climate which apply across the continent. The climate of each country is affected by numerous factors including its latitude, altitude and distance from the sea, and thus there are considerable variations.
In general terms, the climate of East Africa is equatorial, with little seasonal temperature variation across the year, and it is dry in our summer. Southern Africa has different climate zones, but as it is south of the equator, remember that our summer is their winter and vice versa.
Please see here for further information on a country-by-country basis.
It was truly the trip of a lifetime. It met all
our expectations and in fact exceeded them...
TALK TO ONE OF OUR EXPERTS
We create fabulous safari itineraries and honeymoons throughout Africa and the islands of the Indian Ocean. Our knowledge and experience will guarantee you the very best possible itinerary for
your budget and travel dates, and your money is protected
by our ATOL bond.