If money is no object, Botswana is the ultimate safari destination. Botswana holidays are undeniably expensive, but fantastic - reserves are private and exclusive, accommodation is stylish and luxurious, wildlife and guiding are superb and the service is second to none. Following the rains, massive herds of grazers migrate from the Okavango Delta and Chobe River to the deserts of the Kalahari and the lunar landscape of the Makgadikgadi Pans, in one of the biggest animal migrations in the world. Botswana offers a stunning safari experience, for those with deep pockets!
OUR TOP PARKS
- Okavango Delta Safari -
- Linyanti -
- Moremi Game Reserve -
- Chobe National Park -
- Makgadikgadi Pans -
OUR TOP EXPERIENCES
Our top 5 reasons to take a Botswana Holiday
1. Botswana’s wildlife alone could fill the top 5! This is a veritable Eden: 100,000 elephants at peace in the Delta, 100-strong hippo pods manning the waterways, and desert-adapted lions roaming the Makgadikgadi... There is nowhere else quite like it.
2. As well as the wildlife, there is the scenery - particularly from above (usually in a Cessna Caravan light aircraft). Travelling around Botswana between camps and lodges is a highlight in itself.
3. Botswana is famous for its vast and exclusive private reserves containing some of Africa's most luxurious camps. Only camp guests may enter the reserve, so your safari experience is completely private and intimate; nowhere else in Africa can consistently guarantee such exclusivity.
4. Botswana is safe, warm and welcoming. This is a country which has never been colonised and which has exceptionally low rates of crime and corruption.
5. This is one of the last true wildernesses on earth. Here you really can be on your own in the wild, whether that’s in the middle of the eerie Makgadikgadi Salt Pan, the Kgalagadi, or the lush Delta.
BUT watch out for the prices! Botswana is nothing if not expensive. This is a deliberate strategy to preserve the natural environment, and it isn’t about to change. As a result, this is probably the only place that will look the same when your children bring their children on safari, as it does now.