Namibia is a stunning country quite unlike any other destination, either in Africa or elsewhere. With the oldest desert on earth and the largest sand dunes in the world, Namibia's scenery is absolutely mind-blowing, and this is the country's main draw. However, Namibia does have populations of the world's only desert elephant and desert rhino (both species uniquely adapted to survival in the inhospitable desert), so a Namibia Holiday also offers a unique game viewing experience.
OUR TOP EXPERIENCES
Swakopmund adrenaline adventures
OUR TOP LODGES
- Damaraland Camp -
- Desert Rhino Camp -
- Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp -
- Serra Cafema -
Our top 5 reasons to take a Namibia holiday
1. The reasons to visit Namibia start and end with its magnificent (and magnificently varied) scenery. This is a photographer’s paradise.
2. One of the most remarkable existences on earth has been carved out by the Himba tribe of Namibia. Living with very little water, they have adapted by bathing in smoke and caking their skin to retain water. A visit to the Himba is an unparalleled cultural experience.
3. Namibia’s vast expanse offers a great variety of landscape and experiences – from the famous red sand dunes of Sossusvlei, to the wild and haunting skeleton coast, and the dense green bush (and rich wildlife) of Etosha National Park.
4. There are few places in the world today that retain such a remote, untouched environment as Namibia. In a country 4x the size of England but with a population of only 1.2 million, if you’re after absolute isolation, you can find it here!
5. In addition to the dramatic landscapes for which it is so famous, Namibia also offers a good range of adrenaline sports (Swakopmund is famous for sandboarding, sky diving, quad biking and paragliding), and authentic wildlife experiences. This is the only place on earth to see the remarkable desert elephant and desert rhino, and Etosha National Park has a good variety of game.