Hundreds of miles from their nearest neighbours, the Republic of Seychelles comprises 115 islands scattered in the middle of the Indian Ocean, with glorious tropical forests, woodlands and unspoilt beaches. This is an extraordinary archipelago of legendary beauty; a natural paradise of fabulous weather, mercifully free of malarial mosquitoes. The Seychelles are rightly renowned as an outstanding honeymoon destination.
Our top 5 reasons to book a Seychelles Holiday
1. The absolutely top reason to visit Seychelles is to walk the path less trodden. If you’ve ever wondered how Robinson Crusoe felt on his own desert island, this is where you can come close to finding out… But you need to choose your accommodation carefully!
2. A huge range of stylish accommodation across a plethora of gorgeous islands. Truly unique Seychellois French-colonial style is splashed across lavish 5* luxury and barefoot eco-conscious hotels alike. Most accommodation options are located on the main island of Mahé, but there are so many islands to choose from, you can be assured that you’ll find one to suit you perfectly.
Choose carefully though - we believe that the very top-end exclusive islands are worth the money, but that the middle bracket in the Seychelles is expensive for the quality on offer. .
3. There is a reason why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge chose the Seychelles for their honeymoon, and there’s a reason why their North Island accommodation is some of the most expensive in the world at around $7k per night. It’s all about opulence - but at the same time it’s all about conservation, too. Clever.
4. The Seychelles’ six national marine parks boast an incredible array of outstanding marine life, including the largest population of Aldabra giant tortoises, whale sharks, hawksbill turtles, stingrays, puffer fish and much else besides.
5. Creole cuisine is genuinely extraordinary, and the fusions that you’ll find throughout the islands will thrill even the most sophisticated taste buds.