Travel is for everyone, both the young and old, but the Conde Nast Traveller’s Readers’ Choice Awards revealed an interesting trend: People in their thirties are heading to Africa to go on safari.
‘Why is an African safari the trip you should really take in your thirties rather than any other decade?’
Well, there are bucket loads of reasons, but here’s the top 9:
1. An African safari is one of life’s greatest adventures.
2. The glamping opportunities allow you to rough it without really roughing it.
3. You can live your dream of driving a convertible and turn it up a notch.
4. You’ve attended way too many indoor dinner parties.
5. It’s a chance to spruce up your living room with original, handmade African souvenirs.
6. You now want your holiday experiences to be more meaningful.
7. Relaxation isn’t the only travel goal and discovering a new jig will only help you rock the dance floor at the next family wedding.
8. You don’t mind staying up late and waking up early if it means tracking a pride of lions.
9. BONUS: Most luxe safari lodges are all inclusive. Translation- You can have as many G&T’s as you’d like!
Ready to shake up your typical 9-5 for an adventurous, authentic and insta-worthy safari holiday in Africa? Botswana and South Africa were popular choices among thirtysomethings according to the Conde Naste Traveller awards, but the clear favourite was Kenya’s Masai Mara.
We’re big fans of the Masai Mara for its frequent predator and Big 5 sightings, as well as the Great Migration that crosses into Kenya from the Serengeti towards the end of June. A few of our favourite camps include Cottar’s 1920s Camp, Governor’s Camp and Rekero Camp.
Get in touch to plan your life-changing Kenya safari with Africa Odyssey.